Friday, October 29, 2010

A Final Response

Through this experience, I have learned many things about my surrounding habitat. From learning how to reduce my carbon footprint to actually being able to identify native Michigan trees, this has been a very interesting and beautiful study for me. I enjoyed having a reason to get outside and to go somewhere other than my backyard. It was amazing to be able to see the Red Maple in its prime.
Some things are learned were how to identify native Michigan trees, learn about fungi biodiversity (like the Chicken Mushroom - it's suppose to be surprisingly tasty!), and the difference between biotic and abiotic organisms. Though I didn't necessarily learn how to, I also had a fun time cleaning up the shore on Reed's Lake with my friend Joyce. I also learned how to reduce my carbon footprint and discovered the relationship between species in my plot (such as parasitism.) Producers and consumers, food webs and the levels in ecosystems were other things I learned about.
I believe I will use my new knowledge to help better the community and the earth as a whole in terms of educating people about nature and changing my lifestyle to support natural habitats. My family will be affected by new habits of trying to preserve the environment and I will most definitely be visiting woods and other nature areas much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment